4/4/19 - RAIHN is currently accepting applications for the following position. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Day Center Manager
Job Summary: The Day Center Manager is responsible for all duties related to day-to-day functions of the Day Center and specific administrative tasks for the organization.
Reports to: RAIHN Executive Director
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday, including some Saturdays as necessary
1. Functioning of Day Center
Ensure basic cleanliness and maintenance of Day Center and Bridge Apartment, including oversight of weekly “Clean Team” volunteers.
Ensure basic cleanliness and maintenance of exterior of Day Center, including picking up back courtyard and driveway, oversight of snow removal, oversight of trash removal, and oversight of all other exterior maintenance.
Address maintenance problems with Day Center staff and contact FGB Property through online portal when necessary.
Maintain phones, alarms, and security cameras.
Provide families with clothing, toiletries and other necessary items when entering the shelter program and weekly, as needed.
Create chore and laundry lists and display in common space. Follow up with families on status of chores.
Update other postings, including labor laws, fire drill, and emergency signs.
Maintain, order, and restock Day Center and office supplies.
Manage keys for families and Day Center, including for individual family lockers and bridge apartment.
Manage the intake of non-monetary donations and sort in-kind donations, including household items and mattresses.
Supervise volunteers when pertinent to job.
2. Basic Administrative Tasks
Answer phone and triage calls.
Greet and triage visitors to the Day Center, ensuring security of staff and guests.
Manage mail flow and distribute mail to appropriate staff or family member.
Utilize FP Force when needed, including the oversight of volunteer input of in-kind donor information and generation of in-kind donor thank you letters.
3. Foodlink Administrative Tasks
Coordinate the Foodlink program, including the storage and tracking of food/supplies, and attendance at yearly trainings.
Maintain Foodlink storage space.
Assemble emergency food boxes for families upon request of Program Manager and Case Manager.
Work with the Executive Director to prepare the yearly Foodlink grant submission, as well as the submission of monthly statistical reports.
4. Perform other duties as necessary and requested.
1. Strong communication skills in cross-cultural interactions and should possess previous office experience.
2. Previous experience with a not-for-profit organization is desirable.
3. Competency in Word and Excel and ability to learn how to input information into the RAIHN database.
4. Strong organizational skills and flexibility, as well as the ability to be a critical and supportive part of a small team.
5. Competency in managing volunteers and instilling motivation to complete task at hand.
6. Ability to lift 30 pounds and withstand strenuous lifting, at times.
7. Bilingual preferred.
8. This position is the first point of contact for families, congregations and all outsiders to the organization, so it is critical that he/she project a professional, caring and friendly tone.